Profit and Loss Statement for Closed Books << offline>>

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Mon Mar 26 09:47:00 EDT 2012

> Well I am running a rather old version so it's not THAT. I would
> certainly have noticed the existence any such report that combined
> a P & L with a Balance Sheet as of the end date of the P & L.

There undoubtedly *was* such a report, as my custom reports are based upon it.  I reported the change in bugzilla as bug 643406, though it is possible the report was not quite correct in referring back to version 2.3.9 - I think I may have intended 2.2.9.  Certainly I referred back to 2.2.9 when making my report of bug 643383 on the previous day!   (I have re-read that latter report, and find that my Comment #2 is as relevant today as it was then, to this and to several other issues of design, consistency and change on which I have commented in here since then.)

> Those are actually very different sorts of reports in the sense
> starting right after a close date).

I have already indicated my acceptance of this point.  However, neither your comments nor my acceptance of them excuse the failure of basic programming standards represented by a program that permits the user to set options the program will not or cannot honour.

> However, if you care to supply a version number for the version you
> believe contained this report we can have a look.

As above, I believe 2.2.9 for Windows.   For what it is worth, I started using gnucash in early 2009, so it will certainly have been in whatever was the current stable Windows release at that time.

> PS -- just to confirm we are on the same wavelength -- gnucash
> calls the P & L report "Income Statement".

Indeed - and the report I initially used was called "Income Statement" (which, I recall, I had trouble finding at the time because the title was somewhat unexpected!  :-)

Colin