Testing reports

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:45:39 EDT 2012

On 26 March 2012 15:15, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> Do you know how to write automated tests -- in any language -- that accurately check the output format of an HTML page? Automated in this case means the test program decides whether the formatting is correct, no human involved. If you do, or know where I can learn that, please share.

Ruby on Rails has various tools that allow automated testing of html
output (designed for testing web apps), but I don't know that much
about them or how they could be used with gnucash.  It would need a
working Ruby environment I believe with the appropriate Ruby Gems
installed and so may not be appropriate.

Colin