Windows/Linux interchange issues

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed Mar 28 16:12:31 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've been running GnuCash on Windows for a while, and love it. So now I want
to do the same on Linux. Loaded the same version I have on Windows (2.4.10)
and copied my non-compressed XML file from Windows to Linux. No ^M in the file.

When I try to load it, I get "The file/URL appears to be from a newer version
of GnuCash. (etc)". They are both 2.4.10 so I don't understand.

I also happened to have a copy of the Quicken exported QIF file I created from
the Windows machine for my accountant, so I decided to try to import that. That
results in "No suitable backend was found for file:///(path to my qif)"

How can I move files back and forth? I didn't create any charts or accounts
on the Linux system (Fresh Install), would I need to somehow replicate
(And how?)

	Thanks , Tuc