Income and Expense Reports

Shokster ashok.sinha at gmail.com
Tue May 1 05:11:45 EDT 2012

The way you're doing it, you're lumping all your expenses into one category.
>From what I've understood, you don't have any sub-catogories. In that case,
it doesn't even make sense to view your Expense break-up. It doesn't matter
what expense is assinged to credit card spending, and what is assigned to
cash spending.

If you want to plot this lumped Expense, then you'll want to reduce the
levels of accounts showing in the pie chart. That'll hide the 'Other' and
the 'individual slices'. You'll then have one massive 'Expense' pie in the
chart, and the complementary 'Income' pie.

If you want a break up of your Income and Expenses, it means you need
sub-accounts. You'd have to have sub-accounts under 'Expense". I would
highly recommend this latter approach. How I do it is I have different
sub-accounts under the main 'Expense' category. Eg. Expense:Gas,
Expense:Grocery, etc. In my case, the income/expense report turns out
exactly how you described you wanted it to be.