VERSIONS 2.4.7 and 2.4.10

David Ryder dnryder at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 13 04:38:53 EDT 2012

Hi

I am parallel running Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04 before a final switch over.

10.04 has gnucash 2.4.7 installed
12.04 has gnucash 2.4.10 installed.

I'm not keen to enter the volume of data I daily enter twice into
gnucash without asking this question: (all my data files are on a file
server):

does the differences between the two versions make the data files
incompatible? My reading of the differences between the two version
leads me to believe the same data files can be used in both versions -
am I correct?

Don't worry - I have daily backups but asking this avoids me finding out
the hard way and leaves me to concentrate on ubuntu.

Many thanks,
David