Japanese font of reports on Mac OS X

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 16 22:56:10 EDT 2012

On Oct 16, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>> Rather than setting a pango alias it would probably be cleaner to set your default font in Resources/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc (you'll have to add the file).
>
> Tried some random examples found on the web, got no noticable changes.

Here's what I set in Gramps:
gtk-icon-theme-name = "Tango"
gtk-enable-mnemonics = 0
style "UniFont" {
  font_name = "Arial Unicode MS"
}

widget_class "*" style "UniFont"

Arial Unicode MS is one face distributed with OSX that supports most of the Unicode Codeblocks, but I'd think that any of the Japanese faces (Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro and Std, Hiragino Maru Gothic Pro, or Hiragino Mincho Pro) would work for you. Hiragino Maru seems to support a lot more Kanji than Hiragino Kaku.

On Oct 16, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Japanese chars (account names) in reports can be displayed with "Ariel
> Unicode MS" set in Edit -> Style Sheets -> Default -> Fonts -> Account
> Link.  I guess there is some missing encoding conversion in one of
> callsites to WebKit?

Sorry, I don't follow you there. Are you using JIS instead of Unicode? What do you mean by "callsites"? A call into the WebKit API?

Regards,
John Ralls