Transaction problem - currency exchange apearing

stevegoobermanhill steve at ucratos.com
Mon Sep 3 12:00:04 EDT 2012

Hi,
I have a problem that seems to have occurred when performing a transaction
between 2 accounts in the same exchange rate. In the "edit account" menu
item, both accounts are shown as GBP.

However, when I try and transfer funds between them (one is a bank current
account, one is a bank savings account), gnucash is performing an exchange
rate transaction, assuming that one account is a EUR account (the set of
accounts also has a EUR bank account).

Any ideas on the cause, how I can avoid it, and how I can stop it
happening!. I am running gnucash 2.2.9 on ubuntu linux

Thanks

Steve