GNU Cash Program : Printing General Ledger

Ferdie van der Merwe fvdm at mweb.co.za
Sun Sep 16 12:57:25 EDT 2012

Thank you Derek.

Ferdie van der Merwe
Tel. +27 82 807 8728

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Atkins [mailto:warlord at MIT.EDU]
Sent: 14/09/2012 03:42 PM
To: Ferdie van der Merwe
Cc: 'Maf. King'; gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: GNU Cash Program : Printing General Ledger

Hi,

"Ferdie van der Merwe" <fvdm at mweb.co.za> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I have now completed all my entries up to 29/02/2012.
>
> Please advise how I should process Financial Year end procedures and
> start a new year.

IMHO, don't do anything.  Just continue using GnuCash.

If you really want you could run Tools -> Close Books.  That will round up
all your Income and Expense accounts into Equity, but there is no
requirement that you actually do that.  The reports will all show you
appropriate numbers for the period you configure.

> Thank you

-derek