My comparison between GNUcash and Skrooge (if anyone is interested)

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Fri Sep 28 14:20:01 EDT 2012

On 28 September 2012 at 8:51, Derek Atkins said:

[...]
> There is no "one size fits all".  What would be useful is a way to take a
> Scheduled Transaction and "apply" it in real time from the register --
> what would solve your issue.  Or just set up an SX if your expenses *are*
> recurring.  You can set up these kinds of formula there.

FWIW, I have a complicated and irregularly-occurring transaction. I set
up a SX which has four variables, with a "frequency" of "once". When I
need to enter the txn I go to the SX Editor, double-click the relevant
entry (which is conveniently near the top of the list), update the date
to today, "OK", and do a "Since last run". I can then enter the relevant
values and the formulae ensure that the split amounts are correct.