mysql file locked

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Apr 28 00:03:59 EDT 2013

On Apr 27, 2013, at 2:15 PM, snotty54 <scott384 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanx for the direct reply.
>
> I've checked every log I can find, on the server, on the client, the mysql
> logs I can find, a review of every event logged on my server, nothing in
> relation to the userid or password for logging on to the mysql database that
> makes any sense to me.  I suppose the user id or password could have become
> corrupted but since the database is using my network logon that is still
> working with the client, with the remote machine, and with the Gnucash copy
> accessing the database from the remote machine, I'm at a loss as to where to
> go from here.
>
> I will say that I am having the same problem with Subversion Server for
> Dreamweaver, which is a repository style database with version control,
> which I can't access from the client, and wonder if they are somehow
> related.  I have no idea where to look from here, still googling this issue
> but not having any luck so far.
>
> If you or anyone has any other thought on where to look or what to try,
> appreciate it.

You're out of your depth. Running a db server is not trivial, and if your Gnucash data are
at all important to you you're putting yourself at substantial risk.

That aside, this list is for Gnucash support, not for teaching people how to be MySQL DBAs.
You'll need to find instruction in that elsewhere: Perhaps a local community or technical (like
DeVry) college offers some courses.

Until you've acquired the necessary expertise you should use the XML backend and a service
like Dropbox or Google Drive to allow you to access your data from more than one computer
(but not at the same time, and be sure to sync after every use!) You can use File>Save As on the
machine from which you have access and selecting XML from the listbox at the top of the Save As
dialog box.

Regards,
John Ralls