Position of the close button in the toolbar causes me to close the current window by accident when saving

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 01:05:40 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Shamim Islam <shamim.islam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just causes a different problem. Ctrl-Q terminates the application while
> Ctrl-W closes the account and Ctrl-S is the save. I STILL end up either
> closing the application or window when I mean to save.

I find that if I use Ctrl-W to close windows I never accidentally quit
the application. But I touch type (use the keyboard without looking at
it). Your mileage may vary...

> We're screwed no matter what - I've lived with it since 2000. But I've spent
> the past 7 years as a user experience architect and am just now realizing
> how much I HATE the organization of the toolbar and the keystrokes, but how
> much I love the program.
>
> So I am attempting to do something about it.
>
> Is the XML file that defines the interface a development item or a user
> customizable item?
>
> I don't recall themes being present in GNUcash - maybe it's something new I
> don't know about?

I meant the themes in the Window Manager. If you are using Ubuntu, the
Appearance control panel has themes, and you can install additional
tools to make adjustments to those themes.

Now I understand better why you wanted to ask the developers about it.

I think the question is what area(s) you should start looking at (and
skills to learn) to make interface modifications, specifically to the
toolbar.