Goods and Services Tax - GST

Ernest Nagy Logistics Solutions consultant ernestnagy at logisticssolutions.ca
Fri Aug 23 19:14:19 EDT 2013

Hi David

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply, very much appreciated. I have done basically what you’ve suggested with the exception that I included the GST ITC into my asset account and the GST collected into my liability account. It would be better to do as you suggest, to create a GST placeholder account and have this completely separate from my other assets and liabilities.

I must say, I am impressed with the responses I am getting from the GnuCash world of users, this is a great software as soon as you get to know it but then again, aren’t all software programs the same? Both yourself and Maf have been great help to me and hopefully, the board as a whole.

By the way, I’m from Canada, our GST works identically to yours except that our is 5% but then again, we have individual province PST to add to our costs.

Thanks again and regards
Ernest Nagy
Your Logistics Solutions consultant
Vancouver, BC