Help importing Quicken files

Dennis Shimer dshimer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 07:13:12 EST 2013

I just wanted to add weight to everything Richard Dawson said.  I would
echo every sentence and observation. We just did this with 12 years of
financial transactions for an organization.  We just didn't need to buy a
copy on e-bay (as mentioned elsewhere) because it was still running. I
believe it will be well worth it for several reasons I won't go into.

   1. We ran Q2010 while everything was being set up in GnuCash.
   2. Practiced for a while and ran parallel with GnuCash.
   3. Closed out Q2010, exported a QIF as an archive.
   4. Import the QIF into GnuCash for future reference and lookups
   5. Started using the fresh new GnuCash file created in the set up
   process.