Split Transaction Question

John Donnee jdonnee at ec.rr.com
Mon Dec 23 10:56:04 EST 2013

Employee Expense Reports.

The example in the Users Guide only shows splitting a salary check. I am confused about how to properly enter the split process for an Expense report especially when the expense report has more than one expense category such as Internet Expense and Medical premium.

Here is how I was doing it but getting double amounts in the Expense categories.

1. I create a New Expense Voucher
	Do I create the new expense voucher and enter just the Total of the expenses and assign it too “Expenses” even though it has multiple line items with different expense categories?????

	I did an expense voucher and Split each of the line items and then when I did the splits in the Check register there were double expenses in each Expense Category-

2. I then go to my Check Register and Select Splits
	a. My first line item is the description and I hit Splits
	b. My second line item is Account-Checking-decrease the total expense report amount
	c. I then enter each expense on each subsequent line
	d The result seems to show up correct in my Checking register

3. I am not sure how to handle the Expense vouchers with multiple line items on it. I think that I am doing the Check splits correctly.

Suggestions-Examples???

Thanks

John Donnee

910.622.8111