Batch/scheduled transactions

PK fourteenone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:39:09 EST 2013

Hi Derek,
I just replied in parallel that explained that. There are multiple SXs
defined. The problem with shifting the buckets around after-the-fact is
just the number of buckets really. If there were 3-4 I don't think I'd mind
shuffling things after the 'extra' payday, but as it is (18 buckets so far
:p ), it would be easier (transitioning my prior 'system') to just be able
to say "Run Payday Batch A" or "Run Payday Batch B", etc when I open it up
for a given date. Then when "Payday Batch C" comes around, we manually
split it up to wherever it's needed or dump it in savings or whatever.

I think most of my 'problems' are just in transitioning from our old method
to a new system and we'll have to adjust some (I'm just trying to minimize
the changes on our side to start with while I'm still learning my way
around GC).
Since we know when the 'extra' payday will be, I'm thinking it might just
be easiest for now to set the 2 payday SXs up on the alternating 4 week
schedule like I had, but have the end date right before the extra payday,
then handle it manually, then restart the SXs to run until the next extra
payday.

------