Imported split transactions are incorrect. Quicken QIF Import

Michael Miller mrmsudawgs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:17:59 EST 2013

I have imported all of my Quicken 2010 account information and I'm in the
process of moving accounts and tweaking things to my liking in GnuCash.
 Within GnuCash, I opened my checking account and noticed in the ledger
where there were originally split transactions in Quicken, GnuCash has
inserted, "- split transaction-" in the category.  I initially thought this
was great because I believed I could expand the split and see the itemized
transactions just like I could in Quicken.  That is not the case.  The
split is essentially dead and all the transaction history is also dead.
 This is having a huge domino effect throughout my accounts because funds
are no longer being properly transferred as previously directed by the
split transactions.

Is this a bug or just a short coming of the software?  Is there a fix for
this?

Many thanks.