File problem

David Ryder dnryder at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 2 05:40:34 EST 2013

Hi,
gnucassh 2.4.7

I use gnucash (obvious). For years  I have sometimes had to look for the
Gzip file to avoid opening books with the wrong file. This avoided the
...123.log456.log problem.

I just started three more sets of books - oh, no gzip file. Just a
<NAME>.gnucash file And (heart sinks) I see there are
<NAME>.gnucash
<NAME>.gnucash.123.log
<NAME>.gnucash.123.gnucash.123.gnucash
<NAME>.gnucash.123.gnucash.123.log
<NAME>.gnucash.123.log456.log
<NAME>.gnucash.123.gnucash
files.

In my list of recent files, all the new ones I created show as
<NAME>.gnucash instead of just <NAME>.

May I ask for help please on either how I can start these books over
without losing data or on clearing up the mess of files?

Has the Gzip file (icon) gone now - it was a good indicator of the file
to open.

Many thanks
David