GnuCash Android App Support

am65 amarquez65 at yahoo.es
Mon Feb 4 09:07:41 EST 2013

(1) You can just use "Dining" as the name of the account. And regarding
having accounts in different levels I have not tested this, I have all the
accounts in the same level.

(2) I think it is not possible to import the accounts from GnuCash desktop
to GnucashMobile. I have not seen that option in GC mobile.

(3) No, I think you don't need to select any account in Gnucash desktop
before performing the import. That doesn't mean it will import all the
transactions to the selected account.

(4) That happens to me also. I think this is a problem with the OFX standard
or its implementation in Gnucash desktop. You have to manually map each
group of transactions (from the same account in GC mobile) to an account in
GC desktop.
Once this is done you will be prompted with a list of the transactions with
a color background (in the help button you can see the meaning of the
colours) where some kind of intelligence is applied and GC suggests the
balancing account for the transaction (that is credit card, cash,...), tells
you that it suspects this transaction is repeated (???) or asks you to
manually set the balancing account or the transaction will not be imported.

That's how I understand it works and the way I have been using it.

I hope all these shortcomings will be fixed in the following versions.