Online Banking

fastsnip-bcard@yahoo.com terry_and_pearl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 17:06:16 EST 2013

Been a gnucash user for many, many years.

Yesterday I decided to use the online banking features and so read the online docs.

Using gnucash 2.4.10 under Kubuntu 12.04.

Trying to get online banking working and it is driving me crazy.

I have set up in gnucash, 3 of my online accounts, 1 checking and 2 savings accounts. All at different banks in the US.

1 of the savings accounts works, the other savings account and checking account do not.

The non-working accounts exhibit the following behaviour:

opening the account register and then clicking on

Actions:On Line Actions:Get Balance

or

Actions:On Line Actions:Get Transactions

A window then pops up stating: "No user assigned to this account. Please check your configuration."

I have been through the "Tools:OnLine Banking setup.." so many times that I am going cross eyed.

A user has definitely been assigned just like it has for the single working savings account.

I have retrieved the available accounts at all 3 banks and linked them to gnucash accounts.

Is this a known problem or any hints at what is wrong??

Also, I have setup 2 of my fund stocks and setup a dummy account to track gold/silver prices in gnucash.

gnucash is unable to get price quotes for the 2 fund stocks and only occasionally will get current gold and silver prices from NYSE using CML or CMML (maple leaf prices for gold). I have verified that the fund stock symbols are correct several times so that I am positive is not a problem. If I start the price editor under

Tools Price Editor

and click on get quotes, it pops up a window that it is unable to get quotes for any of the funds or NYSE or AMEX for CML or CMML.

Again, does the price quote mechanism not work and is this also a known problem??