Customizing Accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Feb 7 03:59:14 EST 2013

On Wed 6 February 13 19:26:11 Emily Tavis wrote:
> Hi, I am new to GnuCash and was wondering how I can customize my
> income/expense categories (i.e. Auto Insurance: expense, Income: Sales)
> after my accounts are already set up.  I am needing to make income/expense
> items more specific for my business.  For example: rather than just having
> Income: Sales, I need to have subcategories for the specific items or
> categories that I am selling.  I was able to alter some of them in the
> initial setup but after I set up my accounts I cannot find the list to make
> changes to.  Is this a feature of GnuCash?  Thanks!

Hi Emily,

Welcome to Gnucash!

Adding, deleting and moving accounts around within your account tree is
certainly a feature of gnucash.  You can modify the accounts tree at any time.

>From the main accounts view list window, you should see toolbuttons for Edit,
New, and Delete.  If not, try the Edit menu

If you've closed the Accounts window, then VIew->.New Accounts Page is your
friend.

HTH,
Maf.

PS. if you reply to this list, make sure that you use "reply all" or similar
in your email client.  That way, others can see and probably help.