negative invoice value / repayment

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Feb 10 02:51:55 EST 2013

Hi tereque,

I forgot your original mail somehow, sorry about that.

What you are asking for has been implemented in the development tree of GnuCash and will appear in 2.6. We're currently deciding a roadmap to release that version. With the proposed release plan that will be near the end of this year.

Geert

tereque <tereque at gmail.com> schreef:

>hm, got no feedback on this (returining a part of a received payment to
>
>a customer) yet. I would think this being not such an extraordinary
>transaction/situation, so I guess there should be a way to handle this?
>
>The solution should be inside the
>'post-invoice/pay-invoice/acc-receivable' logic though. Otherwise it
>messes up the whole beauty of that I suppose
>
>On 04/02/2013 20:48, tereque wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I have issued an invoice to a customer who has paid the full amount.
>It
>> has turned out that a part of this order can not be delivered, so I
>have
>> to return a certain amount of this payment back and issue a new
>invoice
>> which in the end shows a negative amount.
>>
>> problem 1: gnucash does not allow a negative invoice amount
>> problem2: how do I have to do a payback
>>
>> I have posted an invoice to a a/r account and paid that invoice using
>> the 'pay invoice' function
>>
>> any advices how to handle such a situation?
>>
>> many thanks as always ... Bela

Verzonden van mijn Android telefoon met K-9 Mail.