Report Programming: How to get-account-by-name?

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Sun Feb 10 06:26:35 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to write an own report that analysis the splits in selected
accounts.

I am interested to see the account types of the "other side" of the splits.

I see that I can get the account name of the "other side" of the split
with a call of

(xaccSplitGetCorrAccountName split)

But I don't see how to get to the corresponding account type from there.
Probably "get-account-by-name" is what I need.
Even looking into ways to write this myself got me stuck, as I don't
even see how to get a list of all available accounts.

Anyone who has found out how to do this?
Great if you could point me to an example.

Thx,
Carsten