export/import from/to gnucash; and Cost Basis report

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 02:20:01 EST 2013

David--

GnuCash doesn't have an export feature. Try looking at http://gnucashtoqif.sourceforge.net/ It appears to offer this, but my reading suggests that you'd have to find a way to prune the result, since it appears to work only on complete files.

As for cost basis, try looking at the Advanced Portfolio report. It may successfully give you a cost basis for the mutual fund investment. There have been reported problems with this calculation, but since your account has no sales, the report may work for you.

HTH,
David