Backup file in Windows

Hazlett hazlettm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:08:08 EST 2013

You have accurately described what you should find in the Gnucash data
folder.  A trick you might try is in Gnucash to click on File:Open.  The
backups should appear in that window.

I am not 1000% sure, but I think that your windows explorer is set to
hide some files.  That is default behavior.  I don't know how Windows 8
works, I am still using Windows 7.  Try searching windows help for 'Hide
Backup Files'.

If I am wrong, reply with more specific details such as which version of
windows, and which files are missing timestamps.

David C
Thanks for the feedback.
I tried your suggestions but still no backups.
Decided to move my data files off of my mapped network drive and put it on
the local drive of my laptop.
Bingo, every time I save, a date/time stamped backup file is generated; as
well as, incremental .log files.
Why? I don't know.
Perhaps this is a bug in the Windows version?
I suppose the work around would be to save as my own uniquely named backup
file. Just have to remember to open the original data file when starting
Gnu.
This is not going to be very handy for my wife and I to use.

I'm using Windows 7, Home Premium and running GnuCash 2.4.11, svn r22268 on
2012-07-15.