Balance Sheet & Income Statement

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:37:48 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Keith Thompson <ktbirkdale at aol.com> wrote:

> Greetings,

Welcome

> This is my first attempt as I am new to both Ubuntu & GNUCash
> After setting up my file & then accessing the above reports I notice that
> TOTALS are not recorded against top level accounts; the entry is 0.
> Is this correct?

Probably.  It's what I see as well.

I have no transactions in the account "Income", so the balance of that
account is 0.  I do have transactions in the account "Income:Sales", so I
see a balance there.

There are report options to suppress displaying 0 account totals.  In that
case, "Income" looks and acts more like a group header than an actual
account.  Since the main purpose of the top level accounts is for grouping,
this works well.