problems with invoice templates

Mark Baustian mbaustian at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 18 11:30:25 EST 2013

I recently upgraded to gnucash 2.4.11 along with a distro upgrade and an
upgrade to kde4. I had custom packing slip and invoice forms based on the
'printable invoice'. The saved reports imported and as I recall for some
reason I didn't like the way they looked. I tried to edit the saved reports
but eventually ended up making new ones based on the printable template. I got
things looking okay (not as great as my old ones but serviceable.) However,
when I print either form the 'm' in 'amount due' does not print. Instead a
little box is printed. I'm guessing the printer driver (this is an HP printer
and have the most upto date HLIP and HPIJS driver available for my distro
(debian-squeeze) is getting an errant character passed to it. The 'm' prints
onscreen and if I print to file then print the pdf the 'm' prints. This is the
only printing problem I have with gnucash that I am aware of. I tried making
invoices with the easy and fancy templates and they have the same problem. Any
thoughts? This looks pretty unprofessional and generating and printing
invoices is one of the main things I do.

Thanks, Mark