Importing CSV files and specifying the account to transfer

zork edwin at acm.org
Thu Jan 31 02:03:43 EST 2013

Thanks for your response and clarifying the issue.

>> These correspond to the QIF fields: D, L, M, T.

> If you know this then why not just convert your CSV to QIF and use the
> QIF importer?

That is what I do at present, I just hoped to short circuit the conversion.

I use a spreadsheet I made that learns which transactions correspond to
which accounts, so it would have been nice to stay in a more spreadsheet
friendly format. Generating qif from a spreadsheet is rather ugly.

> No, you are correct; that importer does not know about that.
> It presumes you will assign the target account.

That is very (!) time consuming.

-----
Ex Africa semper aliquid novi