Networth and Net Assets difference?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jul 3 03:09:41 EDT 2013

On Wed 3 July 13 07:05:13 Chris Henderson wrote:
> Yes, I have foreign currency and stocks in foreign currency account. Would
> that be the reason for the discrepancy? How would I fix that or should I
> worry about fixing that? Thanks.

Hi Chris.

I just want to make sure that I've got the problem correctly in my head.

1. you have no liabilities.
2. The Accounts Tab says Net Assets : $X
3. The Net Worth report totals to $Y

Which report have you run to get Y? (I don't see a net worth report on my
installation)

Is Y more or less than X?

Does the line at the bottom of the accounts tab start $ or $:Grand Total ?

Cheers,
Maf.

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
> > On Tue 2 July 13 16:38:18 Liz wrote:

> > > So I guess that something has been categorised as a liability when you
> > > didn't intend it to be.
> >
> > Just a thought, Chris -
> >
> > Do you have any stocks/shares or foreign currency accounts?  maybe an
> > exchange
> > rate isn't being picked up somewhere?  ISTR that the net assets at the
> > bottom
> > of the account tree view is selectable per-currency?
> >
> > 0.02
> > Maf.

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542