GNUCash & Windows 8

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 6 11:15:23 EDT 2013

On Jul 6, 2013, at 4:09 AM, Tinu B <123tan20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to this software and am downlaoded it to use it on Windows 8. I
> will be grateful if I can get some help with the following to queries :
>
> 1 ) Is GNU Cash compatible wioth Windows 8?

As far as we know, yes, Gnucash works fine on Win8.

> 2) I am completely baffeled / intrigued by this : The Gnu Cash file is
> 102mb in size. I do NOT understand why the file size increases to 285mb
> after the dowmload is completed. Any help here will be much appreciated.

Compression. It's similar to your camera, which can save an 10 mega-pixel
image -- 30 MB of information -- in a 100KB JPEG. The installer decompresses the
files again during installation so that the computer can execute the program.

Regards,
John Ralls