Selling a stock for profit

Michael Gordon michael.gerald.gordon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 01:12:30 EDT 2013

I just can't get this to work. I've tried many times to follow the example
in the guide but just can't get it. Might be something simple.

I've noted the warning about not using Enter:
"Note
In order to get GnuCash to commit this zero-share, zero-price split to the
transaction, you *must*
Tab out of the split. If you use the Enter key, GnuCash will convert the
split into shares of the
commodity."
But even this I find ambiguous. I understand that I should only use TAB to
progress through the split, but when all is done and balanced doesn't one
use Enter to finalise the transaction?

Also it's confusing to see more that one line relating to the sale as shown
in the screen shot in the guide:
[image: Inline images 1]

I realise that this is showing a completed entry as there are no little
grey boxes. What I think I need is how the screen looks and changes as the
data is entered.

Is there a simpler, step by baby step guide - an Idiot's Guide -  to this
somewhere?

A video tutorial would be just the job...

Mike.