importing to GnuCash, forums, blogs et al?, updates

Robert Kramer rekramer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 18 12:59:54 EDT 2013

Hello:

First, I convey my thanks and appreciation to you for coming up with an
"actual accounting" program. You've done a splendid job, not only in the
application and programming but also in the exemplary documentation. One
could learn more here about accounting applications and procedures than from
several pedantic semesters and myriad arcane textbooks could deliver.

I laud you for your efforts and your accomplishments.

Secondly, I wish to get in  contact with other users (or developers). I'm
looking to find out how others might be using GnuCash and how they go about
accomplishing these uses. If this includes joining with others (forums,
blogs et al) to ask questions or simply to read further about their
approaches to certain activities or procedures, who might I contact and how
might I do so?

Presently, I need to learn more about:

1.       Importing various files to GnuCash.

a.       In particular, MS Office files such as Excel spreadsheets, Access
databases, Word tables or CSV's.

b.      Also, how to set up QIF files for import to GnuCash (this is using
Quicken, is it not?).

c.       Learning the use of the file formats shown by selecting the GnuCash
File tab/Import menu: QIF,QFX, CSW, Replay GnuCash log file, MT940, MT942,
DTAUS, DTAUS and send.

2.       Exporting GnuCash files and reports to other applications, e.g.
Project Tracking, Expense Account, Tax Preparation, etc.

3.      Obtaining available updates to GnuCash.

Once again, I laud you for your efforts and your accomplishments.

Thank you