Blank values in bookings of some accounts

Sir_Robin sir_robin at ymail.com
Wed Jul 24 11:44:50 EDT 2013

David Carlson-4 wrote
> It would be very helpful if you give a little more information such as
> what version of GnuCash did you install in what operating system and
> whether there is more than one currency involved.  Also, I am used to
> seeing the top level account type -e.g. Asset, Liability, income,
> Expense in the account field.  How did you get that turned off?
>
> David C

Hi David C,

thank your for replying. I am using GNU Cash 2.4.13 on Win7 64 Bit. Yes,
there are more than 1 currency involved. For the expense account, I use
Swiss Francs (CHF) and for the cash account, I use Canadian Dollars. For
every record, I use a 1:1 conversion, supposed to be. I don't know what you
exactly mean how I turned off the top level account type. For the sake of
convencience, I made most of my accounts to top level accounts; it is much
faster than first typing "Expenses:Sprachaufenthalt". As I mentioned, the
account type is cash respectively expense.