Entering transactions that require a currency conversion

culmore culmore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 08:51:25 EDT 2013

I know there is functionality to create invoices and add customers. But I
find it simpler to create a new Account Receivable (A/R) for each stock
item. Yes there are not many stock Items. Then the A/R account is an easy
way to track what I have spent on each stock item ( my spending varies a lot
for each item/account). Maybe there is a simpler way to do this but I don't
know it, or if someone can explain to me a simpler strategy I'd be very
happy to be educated.

>From now on I will most enter from the Bank account "to" the A/R account.
But I will still find it useful to do it the other way around. Maybe the UI
could just warn us if we try to do a multi currency transaction from the AR