questions about using the software

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jun 18 09:37:36 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 18 June 2013 05:59:10 M. Thomas wrote:
>  I am a perspective customer.  I have the following questions.
>     1. Can we use the software *without *using the double-entry
> accounting feature?  I don't understand it.  I just want to be able
> to enter transactions in the register and download transactions.
No, double-entry accounting is at the core of the GnuCash program. You will have toget to
understand the basic mechanism behind it in order to use the program.

GnuCash comes with a good tutorial which can probably help you through your first steps.
You can use the program's help menu to load it, or read it online at
http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=2.4&lang=C&doc=guide

>     2. Is there a weekly budget feature?
What do you mean with this ? GnuCash allows you to set up budgets on several intervals. I
don't use this myself, so I'm not sure if weekly is available as interval.

>     3. Can users split transactions?
Again, what do you mean exactly ?

Geert