question about features

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jun 18 10:37:50 EDT 2013

>>> I am a perspective customer. I have the following questions.
>>>
>>> 1. Can we use the software WITHOUT using the double-entry accounting feature? I don't understand it. I just want to be able to enter transactions in the register and download transactions.
>>> 2. Is there a weekly budget feature?
>>> 3. Can users split transactions?

Gnucash is Free software. We don't have customers, we have users.

No. Gnucash is built entirely around double-entry bookkeeping. We provide
a Concepts Guide (http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=2.4&lang=C&doc=guide)
to help you get started.

There is a budget feature which you can configure to any period you like.

Yes, any transaction may have any number of splits as long as it balances -- that is,
as long as the amounts added to accounts are equal to the amounts deducted
from others.

Please subscribe to the list and copy it on any replies. You'll find links below.

Regards,
John Ralls