Archiving old transations

Bob Brush 3 bobbrush3 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 11:01:04 EDT 2013

Probably not a necessary post, but I think opening GiMP is like booting
another OS, it has to be the most frustrating thing, especially when
doing something little..  Amarok is slow too.. I changed to gnumeric and
abiword because they seem to load faster than open office..  but just
now I see that open office is libre office and is killing abiword in
startup time, wonder what they changed?  But the absolute slowest is
Shotwell, which I discovered is mostly my fault, but can take in the
order of 20 minutes to start with no real indication things are working
other than an absolute thrashing of the hard drives..  Basically they
report it was never designed to handle that much information and people
that do are "brave" (scary) so in my use where everything is slow..
GnuCash is middle of the pack.. It seems like programs that have
database back ends (or should) are just in a different class altogether
than little gui things that do stuff, which pushes people to leave them
on all the time.   Maybe we need to put gnucash in the cloud, oh wait, I
hate that...