This account register is read-only.

David sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 02:40:17 EST 2013

Somehow, you are trying to put a transaction into an account that is set as read only. Technically, this is not an error.

To fix the situation, change the account from read-only by editing the account properties from the Chart of Accounts. Unchecked the Placeholder account check box.

You might also try to figure out how the account got set as a placeholder account.

David