Starting with GNUCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 5 12:45:14 EST 2013

Hi,

First, you don't say what OS/Distro you are using.  That information is
necessary to help with some questions you ask.

Jesus M Diaz <jesusm.diazperez at gmail.com> writes:

> And ... how can I import a file generated with GNUCash mobile? At File ->
> Import I only see three options: QIF / CSV and GNUCash log

This means you don't have the ofx importer.  Did you build GnuCash
yourself or just install a binary release?  Again, what OS/Distro?  Most
likely you will need to contact your distribution to get the OFX
importer module (possibly by installing gnucash-ofx?)

> Thanks again!
>
> 2013/3/4 Jesus M Diaz <jesusm.diazperez at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I am just starting with GNUCash after several years using other software
>> (AceMoney), and I have few doubts. Maybe all them are already answered in
>> this list, but I can't get the search working. Is just me?
>>
>> Well, my doubts:
>>
>> 1. Would I be so so luckky and anyone of you has migratted from AceMoney
>> to GNUCash and has a good way to do it?

Never heard of AceMoney.

>> 2. When I push the help button I get a message saying I have not installed
>> the gnucash-doc package. I can't find it.

It's "gnucash-docs", not "gnucash-doc".  And again, this depends on your
OS/Distro.  If, for example, you're using SuSE -- there has been a
long-time bug in SuSE's YELP program where it looks in the wrong place
for docs.

All the docs are online -- you could go to www.gnucash.org to find them.

>> 3. Traying to automaticly update currencies, I get a message saying the
>> finance:quote is not properly installed. What should I do?

Install it.  Again, need to know your OS/Distro to tell you how.