bug in delete and move?

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Thu Mar 7 22:11:12 EST 2013

If I recall correctly this may be a feature. Gnucash may limit the choice
of accounts based on the type of account you are deleting - asset,
liability, income, expense, etc. Not sure what it thinks the rules should
be, but the simple case that should work would be deleting an expense
account and moving all of the transactions into another expense account.
Last time I tried it (admittedly years ago) it worked.

It probably wants to work this way because the rules would be kind of
tricky if you were trying to convert your assets to liabilities, for
example. Moving the transactions wants to be simple, I think.

Keith