Is there any way I can customise/move columns in an Account Register just like you can do so in the Account Tab Display?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 8 09:58:50 EST 2013

Hi,

whwtan <whwtan at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I like the ability to move my columns and choose which columns to show
> for the Account Tab Display and am wondering if there is a flag I can
> set so that the same capability is shown for the Account Register?
> What I really want is just moving the columns not necessarily hiding
> any of them. (Since you would get most of the hiding simply by
> choosing your View choice Basic/Auto-Split/Transaction)

I'm afraid not.  The register columns are hard-coded in the source.  You
cannot manipulate them like you can the Chart of Accounts.

Sorry.

This might change when the "Register Rewrite" completes, but that's not
going to happen for a while; definitely post-2.6.