is a gnucash API available?

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Sun Mar 10 10:11:35 EDT 2013

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:54:44 +0100
Guus Bonnema <gbonnema at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been using GNUCash for a while now. Having a few years of financial
> history in GNUCash makes me want to look at the data in different ways. So what
> I would like to do is take the data (accounts & transactions) and re-organise
> it in my own specific ways.

> Just to be complete: I run Ubuntu/KDE with GNUCash on files.
>
> Guus Bonnema.

Hi Guus,
if you just want to reporting (look at the data in different ways) my advice is to switch the sql backend. For my private finance it is stable. And then, you are free to use the for you most convinient progamming language with its database access technique to set up your own reporting. As long as you just read the data that works perfect.

Cheers,
Klaus