New Bill - entering a vendor name

denbigh1974 denbigh1974 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 10 20:22:44 EDT 2013

   To quote from the 'Gnucash Tutorial and Concepts Guide' section on
   creating a new invoice via Business>Vendor>New Bill...  "If you
   remember the company name you entered in the New Customer window for
   this customer, start to type it in [the Vendor] field and GnuCash will
   try to auto-complete it for you."
   The auto-complete doesn't work for me. When I click the cursor the
   Vendor box and start typing, the letters I type aren't echoed in the
   box. The only way I can get a successful customer entry is by clicking
   on 'Select...' and typing in the customer name in the search field.
   Does anyone else have the same problem? Any way round it? With only a
   handful of customers it's taking me a disporportionate amount of time
   to complete the New Bill dialogue box.
   Thanks.