Favorite accounts window

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 12 05:02:09 EDT 2013

Please use Reply All when replying to this list, otherwise the message
just goes to the last poster.

On 11 March 2013 22:06, Jesus M Diaz <jesusm.diazperez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but I have a lot of 'expenses' as well as several 'incomes', but most
> them I rarely user. I also can make a deeper hierarchical schema, but it
> would make harder to use the keyboard method to select the transfer field

You have not explained exactly what you are doing when you would like
to hide the accounts.

A heirarchical system actually makes it easier to enter the account
from the keyboard.  Suppose you have an account Expenses:Home:Repairs.
 To enter this in the register you can just type the first couple of
characters of Expenses then hit : then the first characters of Home
and hit : again and finally the first characters of Repairs, then hit
tab.  At each level it will show you the available options, so when
you have got as far as Home it will show you the subcategories of
home, in case you have forgotten exactly what they are.

> Something similar happens with 'investments'. I can have several differents
> assets, but I usually "play" just with very few of them.

Again you have not explained exactly what you are doing when you find
the number of investments a hindrance.

Colin