Starting with GNUCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 12 12:48:18 EDT 2013

Hi,

Jesus M Diaz <jesusm.diazperez at gmail.com> writes:

> Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:06:14 -0600
>>

>>Welcome to GnuCash.  Since AceMoney is primarily a Windows program, I am
>>guessing that you are running GnuCash in Windows.  Several years ago I
>>looked at it but I did not try it.  According to
>><http://personal-finance-software-review.toptenreviews.com/> it has a
>>qif export capability.  If that is true, you could use the GnuCash QIF
>>import capability to enter historical information.  Be sure to read the
>>help documents first.  Try your import to a test file first before
>>trying it on a file that you want to keep.
>>
>>Have fun and ask questions here if the documentation is not clear.
>>
>>David C
>
> Thanks for the welcomming!
>
> Not exactly. I use AceMoney over Wine on a Linux desktop. And this is one
> of the reasons I want to move on ...
>
> And yes, I did a QIF export, but importing QIFs is so hard and it makes a
> lot of duplicates. Anyway I think I've almost remove all them now :)

The duplicates should only appear if you do not properly assign the
inter-asset/liability transfers and load the QIF accounts
simultaneously.

> At this moment I am fighting against reconciling, and I am not the winner
> yet! ;-)

Reconciling should be relatively easy -- set the ending date from your
bank statement, enter in the ending balance from your bank statement,
and then click off all the transactions that are on that bank statement.