Transfers Between Checking and Savings

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Mar 15 12:48:54 EDT 2013

To translate your recommendation to my situation.....

When I transfer $x money from savings to chekcing I do the following...

Deposit $x into the checking account (current asset)
Withdraw $x from the savings account (current asset)

Withdraw $x from Opening Balances
Deposit $x into the Income account Transfers from Savings

Is this the best way to handle this situation? Does this violate any
accounting principles?

Mark