Early days errors & bug

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 29 10:50:58 EDT 2013

Hi,

Chris Peachment <chris at ononbb.com> writes:

> Another Chris here, also not an expert.
>
> Under gnucash version 2.4.10 the Edit -> Preferences -> Accounts
> tab includes two fields of interest:
>
> Default Currency
> ( ) Locale:    [your computer setting]
> (o) Choose:    [your choice for current account file]
>
> They can be different.

Yes, but there are still some places in the code that specifically look
at the "locale currency".  For example it is the "locale currency" that
specifies which currency gets a symbol; all other currencies use the
currency three-letter code.  I believe there may be other cases where
the locale currency is used specifically.

This "default currency" setting is definitely used as the default
currency for e.g. creating new accounts.

> Chris

-derek