0 price for total loss of shares

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Wed May 15 09:15:12 EDT 2013

---- Stefano M Canta <cantastefano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> How do I insert a price of 0 USD for the total loss of some stock shares?
> If I just subtract the shares without any price from the stock account, the
> advanced portfolio report has issues computing the basis.

Have you disposed of these shares or do you still own them?

If you still own them you could go to the price editor and manually enter a price of 0.0. I'm assuming that you can no longer get a quote. I don't have GC on this machine so I can't give you the exact steps.

If you have disposed of the shares then just enter a normal sell transaction with 0.00 as the amount received from the sale. I suppose that this amount could be negative if you still had to pay fees and/or commisions.

Steve