how to make bond entry

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 31 12:27:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

tiagoc15 <tiago_c15 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I bought a bond and when I tried to entry it, after I enter the data, the
> price would automatically be reset to "1" (algthough I had entered the right
> price), how do you get it right?

It sounds like you're using a Fund or Stock account but didn't set the
Fund or Stock Security to something.  Most likely it's still set to your
currency, which is why you're having this issue.  From the CoA select
the account and then right-click -> Edit Account (or use the Edit
Account button in the toolbar).  In that dialog you'll need to select
the security, and then create a new security for your bond.  In the new
security dialog you can enter whatever text you want if you don't like
the FUND, NYSE, NASDAQ, etc options.  Just DO NOT CHOOSE "template".
Once you do this you should be able to set your price.

Good Luck,