GNUCASH Data File Name Question

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 1 23:04:18 EDT 2013

Folks,

I have been using gnucash for several years and the file name I have used is
gnu-data under my home directory. That file got destroyed and now I am using a
file I recovered from the logs (THANK GOD!).

I copied that file to a file with the same name as I had been using. However, I
have not been successful in getting the file to work. For some reason gnucash
will not open it up or does so in an improper fashion.

This is the command I am using to start gnucash:

gnucash ~/gnu-data

It starts up but displays a blank window.

How do I recover things so that I can used the same name I have been using.

The docs say to use .gnucash as an extension. But that if you have been using a
file without the extension you can continue to use it.

I am using GnuCash 2.4.10 under Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS with all updates applied.

Thanks,
Jay

--

Jay Ridgley