Unable to open file

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 19:02:47 EST 2013

On 11/11/2013 12:12 AM, Gabriella Sandoval wrote:
> I have been using gnu cash for about 2 months, and like it a lot.
> I posted some things on Friday.
> Apparently, I may not have saved, so today when I opened it up, it prompted me to save the file.
> It asked me to type in a file name, and I made up a new file name so I could distinguish it.
> Now - when I open the file it displays this message;  "No suitable backend was found. "
> There are many saved versions, and each one has this message.
> How can I fix this?
>
> Poppy

You need to read or re-read the tutorial and concepts guide section
titled Storing your financial data and following.

Note the method that you used to create your file.  If that does not
help, repeat your question but give a list of your specific actions
including the data format that you selected and the directory location
that you chose that led to the problem.

Note that this section was not completely updated when the database
options were made available.  Some details are not 100% correct if you
are using a database format.

David C